Jackson 500 Fast Facts
Race date: Thursday, Nov 3
Track: The Black Track, 7/8 mile high-banked oval, Jackson, WI
Race distance: 500 laps
IndySlotCar Website: indyslotcar.com
2022 race winner: Steve Rist (No. 4 Squirrel Shagged Enterprises Chevrolet-Daboiler)
2022 Firestone P1 Award winner: Brad Core (No. 6 CBD Racing Chevrolet-Daboiler)
Lap record: Brad Core 1.285 seconds – 2022
Qualifying record: Brad Core 5.217 seconds – 2022
Race record (400 laps): John Wiedemann 12 minutes 7 seconds – 2019
(500 laps): Matt Hayek 14 minutes 07 seconds – 2021
YouTube Broadcast: IndySlotCar Channel
At-track schedule (all times local):
6:00 – Gates open
6:30 – Driver introductions
7:00 – Drivers’ meeting/ Chassis distribution
7:00 – IndySlotCar Series Practice
7:25 – Qualifying for the Firestone P1 Award (single car qualifying/ fastest four lap total)
7:45 – Heat races
8:30 – Jackson 500
· The Jackson 500 is the second of three ovals on the schedule, the final one will be the 31st running of the HO Indy 500. Matt Hayek won the first oval event of the season at the Mini Milwaukee Mile.
· Steve Rist is the defending race winner at the Black Track, the third win of his career.
· Joe Heitz win at the most recent round of the 23-24 season makes him the fourth different winner in four races.
· After the first four rounds of the Husarsbilt Cup championship, John Wiedemann holds a two point lead over Ev Kamikawa, neither driver has a win this season. Joe Heitz jumps from fifth to third, 16 markers back, followed by the rest of the season’s winners: Matt Hayek, Mike Lack and Dan Margetta.
· STATS NOTES: In addition to four different winners, there have been four different Firestone P1 Award winners. While Wiedemann doesn’t have a win, he is the only driver to appear in three finals this season. Matt Hayek replaces his FAST teammate with a two race DNF streak. Heitz’s win at Quarry Heights is the tenth of his career making him solo 15th all-time, breaking the tie he had with Chad Sorce. Heitz’s heat win moves him into a tie with Chris Spehert for 18th all-time with 22. Bill Black moves ahead of HOFer James Iverson for starts with 112, he sits 19th on the list and James Spehert’s fourth career start moves him to solo 42nd on that list.
BLACK TRACK HISTORY (7 events, 2017 - Present)
Date Race Winner Event Name Track
1/18/2018 Dan Margetta Dan Gurney Memorial 400 Black Track Version 1
1/19/2017 Ev Kamikawa Fat Tony 400 Black Track Version 1
1/17/2019 John Wiedemann Jackson 400 Black Track Version 2
1/9/2020 Dan Margetta Jackson 500 Black Track Version 3
2/18/2021 Mike Lack Jackson 500
11/4/2021 Matt Hayek Jackson 500
11/3/2022 Steve Rist Jackson 500