The Fall Brawl Fast Facts
Race date: Thursday, Sep 22
Track: Road Course at Badger Raceway, 3.25 mile natural-terrain road course
Race distance: 20 minutes
IndySlotCar Website: indyslotcar.com
2021 race winner: Dean Strom (#1 Squirrel Shagged Enterprises Chevrolet-Daboiler)
2021 Firestone P1 Award winner: Mike Lack (#27 Angry Squirrel Speedsport Honda-Daboiler)
One-lap qualifying record: Mark Walczak, 4.397 seconds, 2013
Race record: Mike Lack, 238 laps, 2018
YouTube Broadcast: IndySlotCar Channel
At-track schedule (all times local):
6:00 – Gates open
6:30 – Driver introductions
6:55 – Drivers’ meeting (chassis distribution)
7:00 – IndySlotCar Series Practice
7:20 – Qualifying for the Firestone P1 Award (group qualifying/ fastest single lap)
7:45 – Heat races
8:30 – Fall Brawl
· Dean Strom cranked up his championship season last year with his first victory of the season at the Fall Brawl, it was the #1 Squirrel Shagged Enterprises driver’s second straight at the early season visit to the Road Course at Badger Raceway and the fifth of the seven runnings of the event.
· Bill Black enters the FB with the points lead, the first time in the CBD Racing driver’s career he can say that, coming off the win at the opener at the Mini Mile. This event has not been kind to Black in the past, he’s hoping for better things.
· Mike Lack is the only other driver to put his signature on the Fall Brawl football, his quiet second place run at the Trokan Cup 500 and a track he’s enjoyed success at could open up an opportunity for Mr. Seven-time.
· Rumors are swirling around the paddock that a certain female driver may make a return to the series at Badger.
· The Pole-To-Win fund continues to grow to all-time records, with Chris Spehert unable to take his pole position at the Mini Mile to victory lane, the total will exceed 140,000 IndySlotCar bucks at the Fall Brawl.
· Stat watch: Bill Black’s win at the Trokan Cup is the fourth of his career equaling Amy Butler and Phil Marich, tied for 18th all time. Chris Spehert’s first pole in twelve years, coincidentally, also at the Mini Mile, was the third of his career, tying his dad Tom, Steve Rist and John Baas for 19th all-time. Matt Hayek moved ahead of Mike Fitzlaff in the all-time lap count with 39,196, good for eighth. While Bill Black, Joe Heitz and Brad Core also moved up in the lap total list to 21st, 26th and 31st respectively. Brad Core has now equaled the beloved Arnie Lueders in starts with 22, 31st all time.
FALL BRAWL HISTORY (6 EVENTS):
Date Race Winner Event Name
9/19/2013 Mike Lack Ricardo’s Pizza presents the Badger Raceway Fall Brawl
9/17/2015 Dean Strom Fall Brawl presented by UFC
9/20/2018 Dean Strom Choco Taco Fall Brawl
9/29/2019 Mike Lack Choco Taco Fall Brawl
9/24/2020 Dean Strom Choco Taco Fall Brawl
9/23/2021 Dean Strom
Choco Taco Bomb Pop Fall Brawl