West Bend Grand Prix Fast Facts
Race date: Thursday, Oct 7
Track: Lack Track, 1.8 mile road course in West Bend, WI
Race distance: 20 minutes
IndySlotCar Website: indyslotcar.com
2020 race winner: Matt Hayek (No. 10 Super High Intensity Team)
2020 Firestone P1 Award winner: Dean Strom (No. 14 Squirrel Shagged Enterprises)
One-lap qualifying record: John Wiedemann, 3.791 seconds, 2018
Race record: John Wiedemann, 261 laps, 2018
YouTube Broadcast: IndySlotCar Channel
At-track schedule (all times local):
6:00 – Gates open
6:30 – Driver introductions
7:00 – Drivers Meeting/ Chassis distribution
7:10 – IndySlotCar Series Practice
7:30 – Qualifying for the Firestone P1 Award (group qualifying/ fastest single lap)
7:50 – Heat races
8:30 – West Bend Grand Prix (20 minutes)
· Matt Hayek has won the last two West Bend GPs
· Three of Angry Squirrel Speedsport’s drivers account for nine of the ten victories at the WBGP.
· A.S.S.’s John Wiedemann is the only driver to appear in both finals this season, the #29 driver takes the Husarsbilt Cup points lead into round three by three points over Dean Strom.
· Dean Strom’s win at the Fall Brawl was his 14th career victory moving him into 13th on the all-time wins list.
· Strom has now had 185 starts in his career (no cake) and with Matt Hayek missing the Fall Brawl, Strom moves into solo tenth on the all-time starts list and moves into 13th on the laps totem passing previous race winner Chris Spehert.
· Pete Dorn’s heat win pulls him into a tie with Amy Butler and Chad Sorce with 15, 19th in the all-time standings and breaks his tie with John Baas for 21st in all-time finals with 18.
· Speaking of Amy Butler, her first start in two years at the Fall Brawl was the 156th of her career, equaling Hall of Famer Jim Kaehny’s total, they are tied at 13th all-time.
· Steve Rist moves ahead of Ned Wicker on the laps tally with 5,054, good for 26th.
· Brad Core’s seventh career start equals Dick “Bluskovsky” Alpert’s total of seven, 37th on the all-time list.
LACK TRACK HISTORY (10 events, 2011 - Present)
Date Race Winner
10/8/2011 Ev Kamikawa
10/13/2012 Mike Lack
9/28/2013 John Wiedemann
10/4/2014 Mike Lack
10/1/2015 Mike Lack
9/29/2016 John Wiedemann
9/21/2017 Mike Lack
10/4/2018 John Wiedemann
10/10/2019 Matt Hayek
10/8/2020 Matt Hayek
Multiple wins: Mike Lack – 4, John Wiedemann – 3, Matt Hayek – 2